Applications and implications
For this weeks's assignement, we were asked to answer a series of questions about our final project. I don't really know where I'm going with my project but I guess that's the point of this week: write some very practical facts and see where my main idea goes, and how far I can define it. Let's do that.
TODO: Answer the following questions
- What will it do?
- Who's done what beforehand?
- What will you design?
- What materials and components will be used?
- Where will come from?
- How much will they cost?
- What parts and systems will be made?
- What processes will be used?
- What questions need to be answered?
- How will it be evaluated?
2D and 3D design
- 3D models of the installation and its details
- 2D models of the web interface
Additive and substractive fabrication processes
- Main enclosure
- Connectors between the motors and the stems
- Gear system
- Flexible material
Electronics design and production
- Light, temperature, moisture level sensors
- Touche sensors (sense the human interactions)
- Voltage sensor + amplifier
Embedded microcontroller interfacing and programming
- Main microcontroller board
- Collect, clean, organize, use data
- Build a dashboard to get a better view on what's going on
System integration and packaging
- Solar panel (off-the-grid system)
- Remote programmation of the boards (update plant's data)
- System that can host several plants in the same network